Posted on 02-11-2013
Acid/Alkaline balance is vital for keeping your body healthy. In our daily life we don't put enough attention to it.
What is acid/alkaline balance? Acid/alkaline balance is the pH of the body's fluids, tissues and blood, were pH stand for potential of Hydrogen, which is a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution, such as a mixture of liquids. Range is from 1-14 normal being around 7 on a scale.
pH of saliva ranges from 5.5 (acidic) to 8.0 (alkaline) Over acidic can become a dangerous condition that weakens all body systems. Acidic blood pH levels lead to many deadly diseases such as cancer, heart disease, as well as serious health problems such as low energy, unwanted weight gain, poor athletic performance and accelerated aging.
Acid environment around the cells also causes stress and a build-up of waste products that clog the lymph system and make it harder to move the waste out of the body. This build-up of waste in your tissues is the basis of disease.
Over time even mild acidity in your body can cause problems such as:
- Premature aging, frequent headaches, sinusitis.
- Constipation, hemorrhoids.
- Weight gain, obesity.
- Diabetes and insulin disorders.
- Osteoporosis, hip fractures.
- Osteoarthritis, joint pain, aching muscles.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Prostate problems.
- Liver, Bladder and Kidney conditions, including kidneys and gallstones.
- Weakened Immune system.
- High blood pressure, increased stress.
- Low energy and chronic fatigue.
- Neurological Diseases: MS, ALS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer, Cystic Fibrosis.
- Cardiovascular damage, including the constriction of blood vessels, clogged arteries, weakened veins, and the reduction of oxygen.
- Fibromyalgia, acid indigestion and flatulence.
- Lymphatic congestion.
- Yeast, fungal overgrowth.
Acidification of the body comes as a result of three things:
1. Eating too many acidifying foods which create an acid ash in your body. By eating a proper diet of 80% alkalizing foods, you'll eliminate the production of access acid in your body.
2. Bacteria, yeast, fungi not only create acidic toxins in your body, they also proliferate in an acidic body and further acidify your body.
3. Lack of proper alkaline buffers such as certain minerals that neutralize acids.
The good news is Intrinsic Chiropractic is presenting new products to raise your pH next week and ways to test your pH to see if it will benefit you!! Stay Tuned!!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.